Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84505members
353721posts

SNMP via EGX300

Gateways and Energy Servers

Get expert answers to your questions regarding Schneider Electric Gateways & Energy Servers, from product selection to implementation and troubleshooting. Collaborate with a global community of experts and peers, get support and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Community Gateways and Energy Servers forum today.

Grant_IPACS
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

SNMP via EGX300

Hi All,

We have a client withan existing setup of various NS/NSX/PMxxx etc connected to an EGX300.

They have a new IT manager who has asked if we can modify the setup to provide the data to their real time system via SNMP.

My understanding is the EGX only supports SNMP ofr the status of the EGX300 only... not the downstream gear.

My experience with SNMP is not extensive, but i think the EGX is a MODBUS serial to ethernet gateway only... not serial to SNMP.

Am i right?

Are there any other products available for the purpose?

Regards

Grant

Regards

Grant
3 Replies 3
GENJUA
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Re: SNMP via EGX300

Yes you are right.

BR

Genjua

greg_expoenergy
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

GENJUA
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

The link you are referring contain ADFWEB gateways/converters from Modbus Master, Modbus Slave to SNMP.

If you go for this solution you have to replace EGX300 with ADFWEB Gateway and connect modbus salves to it.

I never used ADFWEB gateway for SNMP Conversion so you are advised to contact technical support before buying it.

Another solution using Babel Buster SPX by using this you can fetch data from EGX300 over Modbus TCP and Convert it to SNMP. A single gateway supports up to 300 SNMP Points. I used it several times on a different project and the result is awesome.

BR

Genjua