Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84809members
354265posts

firmware updates not showing

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

firmware updates not showing

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by pfranco on 2016-04-25

I'm using SDCE 7.2.1 and have UPS devices deployed that need new firmware (old firmware ranges from 3.7.2. to 6.2.0). I see them in my "device view" but they're not all  showing up in the "apply firmware updates" window. Is this normal? I'm pretty new to this software so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

(CID:105471980)

7 Replies 7
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: firmware updates not showing

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Michael Shimmin on 2016-04-25

Peter,

3.7.2 is the current firmware for the older NMC such as the AP9617 cards

6.4.0 is the current firmware version for the newer NMC such as the AP9630 cards

Also the current version for DCE is 7.3.1 & or have you updated your firmware catalog?

(CID:106202870)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by pfranco on 2016-04-25

I've run the "check for updates" wizard from the desktop client and it reports updates are available and indicates it downloads them. Do I need to track down a file of some sort to import into the client or is that done behind the scenes?

My problem is I'm only seeing some of my devices to select for import and I'm reasonably certain I should see most if not all of them. Again, I'm a noob to the software so I'm not sure if all the devices should show up or only those that have eligible updates or some other circumstance.

I plan to update my server to the latest and greatest but the last time I rebooted the server it took close to an hour to come back online (reboot of guest VM from command line).

(CID:106202874)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Michael Shimmin on 2016-04-25

From the "Update" drop down (Located on the Client's toolbar) choose "apply firmware updates" From there it should show you which devices you have updated firmware available to apply. Then select the ones you wish to update and then click "apply updates" (you will need to make sure you have listed in the "Device File Transfer Settings" the FTP username & associated password for the chosen devices or the firmware updates will not be able to work)

(CID:106202873)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

So I'm guessing ONLY the devices that have available updates will appear in the "apply firmware updates" window, not all of the devices in my environment. Is that about right?

(CID:106202876)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Michael Shimmin on 2016-04-25

Correct. Only devices with a new firmware version available on the DCE server will be listed.

(CID:106202871)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Great! Thanks!! I thought it was something along those lines. I'm used to seeing a list of devices (usually printers) with markers saying they either have updates or don't. Not seeing devices is a little disconcerting. Thanks again, Pete

(CID:106202877)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.