Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84804members
354259posts

UI-16 I/O module wiring various signal standards

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

robson
Cadet
0 Likes

UI-16 I/O module wiring various signal standards

Hi,

I want connect various signal standards to one UI-16 I/O module, for example:

- 4...20 mA (from 2-wire transmitter, with external power source for supply current loop)

- 4...20 mA (from 4-wire transmitter, with active analog output)

- 0...10 V (feedback from actuator, actuator has an independet power supply)

Can I wire, for example, 4...20 mA signal to terminal no 1 and 0...10 V to terminal no 3 (despite the common RET terminal) ?

Can I wire, for another example, 4...20 mA (from 2-wire transmitter, with external power source for supply current loop) to terminal no 1 and 4...20 mA (from 4-wire transmitter, with active analog output) to terminal no 3?

And another question: the manufacter suggests, that system configuration requires a PELV circuit.

https://ecostruxure-building-help.se.com/bms/Topics/show.castle?id=11940&locale=pl-PL&productversion...

Is it necessary in my case?

Can I wire temperature sensor STP 100-250 direct to UI-16?

Are there any special wiring requirements?

Tags (1)
2 Replies 2
petersmith98
Cadet
0 Likes

Re: UI-16 I/O module wiring various signal standards

you can create your own creativity. These tough economic times force us to innovate.

Tags (1)
S_Stolyarov
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: UI-16 I/O module wiring various signal standards

I guess that you can connect various signals in any configuration to this module within this range:

image.png

Tags (1)