Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84798members
354250posts

Storage Unit Wrong Representation

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
aashraf
Lieutenant JG Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Storage Unit Wrong Representation

Dears,

In one of our projects, The customer have Qty: 8 storage units (ex. EMC VMAX, IBM XIV ...) with the rack size and they are added to the DCO with the appropriate genome.
But when showing up the power path representation, I found that these 8 storage units represented as CRAC units. Please advice

the properties of one of storage unitsthe properties of one of storage units

Power Path represents storage units as CRACs (Qty:8)Power Path represents storage units as CRACs (Qty:8)

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Jef
Captain Captain
Captain

Re: Storage Unit Wrong Representation

Hi Ahmed,

That appears to be a reproducible bug. It seems floor powered equipment are incorrectly categorized as CRAC in the Power Path Layout view. I have logged an enhancement report for this, thanks.

Kind regards,

Jef

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
gsterling
Commander Commander
Commander

Hello Ahmed

Sending you a note. A fix for this item has been added to ITA 9.1.8. I can confirm VMAX devices no longer appear like CRAC's in the power path overlay.

Regards

Greg Sterling

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
4 Replies 4
Jef
Captain Captain
Captain

Hi Ahmed,

That appears to be a reproducible bug. It seems floor powered equipment are incorrectly categorized as CRAC in the Power Path Layout view. I have logged an enhancement report for this, thanks.

Kind regards,

Jef

Tags (1)
aashraf
Lieutenant JG Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Hi Jef,

When and How can we get this bug resolved? with the new DCO release ?

Tags (1)
Jef
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Hi Ahmed,

That's correct usually enhancements would be implemented in a new release version. For the time being I cannot promise any date as it is not planned yet.

Kind regards,

Tags (1)
gsterling
Commander Commander
Commander

Hello Ahmed

Sending you a note. A fix for this item has been added to ITA 9.1.8. I can confirm VMAX devices no longer appear like CRAC's in the power path overlay.

Regards

Greg Sterling

Tags (1)