Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84315members
353477posts

Search in DCO 7.5 SP5 - were there any changes?

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Search in DCO 7.5 SP5 - were there any changes?

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Lukasz Staciwo on 2017-06-13

Hi Team,

I have just been asked by customer about the EB search functionality.
Were there any changes to this from before SP5?
The main Search window no longer seems to do a search by name if the room is not selected. This might be per design just not sure when did it change.

So if the asset is in the specific room and I search by its name with the "Link View" enabled and room selected it will find it.

If I do not know where the asset is and I am performing search on the global view with "Link View" not enabled it does not find it at all.

It does work in the "Name" column though so this would be a valid work around.

(CID:120133290)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Search in DCO 7.5 SP5 - were there any changes?

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2017-06-15

Hi Luksaz,

That's an old version:), if I recall correctly that might be related to indexing - as a possible explanation (in this case) for the inconsistency in Equipment Browser search results could be mentioned that:

a) the search engine is using the indexes (local to the server) when room(s) not open

b) the search will be on the "DCO/database" when room(s) open

If for some season indexes are not updated, you might see a different search for "open room" vs. "not open room". This was unfortunately a known issue (for the price of keeping the server performance as high as possible). It sounds great, that you have a work around, thanks.

Kind regards

(CID:120134517)

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2017-06-15

Hi Luksaz,

That's an old version:), if I recall correctly that might be related to indexing - as a possible explanation (in this case) for the inconsistency in Equipment Browser search results could be mentioned that:

a) the search engine is using the indexes (local to the server) when room(s) not open

b) the search will be on the "DCO/database" when room(s) open

If for some season indexes are not updated, you might see a different search for "open room" vs. "not open room". This was unfortunately a known issue (for the price of keeping the server performance as high as possible). It sounds great, that you have a work around, thanks.

Kind regards

(CID:120134517)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Lukasz Staciwo on 2017-06-15

Thanks Jef 😀

(CID:120135039)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2017-06-16

You are most welcome, Lukasz

Kind regards

(CID:120135111)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.