Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84806members
354265posts

Read/Write community name

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Read/Write community name

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by ADEKUNLE AGBOKE on 2018-09-03

Hi, what the "Read/Write community name" to add a liebert UPS to struxtureware?

I have added one in the past successfully but i cant seem to ad a new one.I can also access the UPS via web browser 

(CID:134025902)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Read/Write community name

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by ADEKUNLE AGBOKE on 2018-09-04

Thanks. here's how i configured the previous one and it was pretty straight forward 

The UPS has been added to struxtureware but i'm not sure of the exact config that worked

Thanks for the support from you all

(CID:134025948)

See Answer In Context

7 Replies 7
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jim Davis on 2018-09-04

You will most likely find that the Liebert UPS needs to have the IP address of the DCE (NMS) added to it to allow DCE to poll it. You can do this via the Liebert web interface. If the community names are different from the default public/private then DCE will also have to match them.

(CID:134025921)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by ADEKUNLE AGBOKE on 2018-09-04

I think i have done that but i may be wrong. see below picture

(CID:134026236)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jim Davis on 2018-09-04

The trap targets is a different setting and relating to the protocol only when the device gets an alarm. Look for NMS in a section like monitoring or something like that. You are wanting the tell the UPS that when "x monitoring server polls me for information, if its IP address is on my list, I will respond"

(CID:134026234)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jim Davis on 2018-09-04

Also - Test it on SNMP V1 if you can as it is a lot simpler and can establish if you have the UPS set correctly.

(CID:134026230)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Justine Chester on 2018-09-04

Hi Adekunle,

Good day!

Most manufacturers use the following SNMPv1 community strings:

• public - read

• private - write

Just in case these community strings do not apply to your Liebert UPS, it is best to check with them for the correct details.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Justine Chester

(CID:134025939)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by ADEKUNLE AGBOKE on 2018-09-04

Thanks. here's how i configured the previous one and it was pretty straight forward 

The UPS has been added to struxtureware but i'm not sure of the exact config that worked

Thanks for the support from you all

(CID:134025948)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.