Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84805members
354262posts

Network Management Browser Issue

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Network Management Browser Issue

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by David on 2015-12-23

Hi,

We have a customer who has reported a problem with Network Mangement browser in DCO 7.5 retaining connections after a device is deleted:

So,

1 - A network route is created between Server and Network Switch

(Server 1) > (Patch Panel 1) > (Patch Panel 2) > (Network Switchport)

The two Patch Panels have back to back connections.

Server 1 and Network Switchport are connected to the front of the patch panel.

2 - Server 1 is deleted from DCO

However, the network management browser retains the Server 1 to Patch Panel 1 connection after the deletion. This entry remains in the browser even after several hours have passed.

Are there any known issues with this / could this be checked out?

Many Thanks

(CID:105458889)

3 Replies 3
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Network Management Browser Issue

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2015-12-23

Hi David,

I've just checked this out, as far as I know, we have not registered a similar issue before, so it doesn't seem to be a known issue. As illustrated, based on your nicely described steps, I'm not able to reproduce the reported issue. By removing my server1, the cable connection is cleared as well.

We might need more info or logs if possible, thanks.

Kind regards

(CID:105458892)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Network Management Browser Issue

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Ulrik Jørgensen on 2015-12-23

Hi David Is the cable there even after a client restart? Would it be possible to get the application.log file from the client application - it might contain information about an error that prevented the network management browser from refreshing? Regards, Ulrik

(CID:105458930)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.