Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84316members
353477posts

Name of one of DCE Option Modules?

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Name of one of DCE Option Modules?

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Yang Gao on 2016-06-16

What is the name of the DCE option that allows 3rd party software to get individual device data via DCE?

(CID:106206911)

7 Replies 7
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Name of one of DCE Option Modules?

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Tim Howard on 2016-06-16

That would be Network Management System Integration.  It can be found under the Alarm Configuration menu.

(CID:106206914)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Yang Gao on 2016-06-16

That's for trap receiver and not what I referred to. This option is purchased separately. I saw its description before somewhere. Instead of communicating with individual device directly, 3rd part software can get device data by communicating with DCE with the option installed.

(CID:106206915)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Yang Gao on 2016-06-16

Yes, MODBUS TCP Output Module. Is there any manual or guide about it?

(CID:106206921)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Tim Howard on 2016-06-16

https://dcimsupport.apc.com/pages/releaseview.action?pageId=92078256 All the documentation that I'm aware of begins on this page. There's only 3-4 pages walking you through the menus.

(CID:106206923)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2016-06-16

Hi Yang,

If you are looking for some way to poll DCE using a 3rd party program, you can use something like the Web API available for free on the software downloads page:

www.apc.com/tools/download and I believe you may be able to find it on this site too.

If you're looking for something else, please be more specific. To what external or 3rd party software are you referring? What protocols etc? If you're looking for an integration with something like SCOM, I do not believe that is available any longer.

Steve

(CID:106206919)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Tim Howard on 2016-06-16

Are you referring to the Modbus TCP Output Module? This is the only purchasable item I can think of that will allow a third party system to monitor devices through DCE.

(CID:106206922)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.