Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84572members
353844posts

How to connect (power) an appliance on the neighbouring rack

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

How to connect (power) an appliance on the neighbouring rack

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by MANCINO Rocchino on 2016-11-14

Hello community. Simple question. In my example I have a library physically powered by the "master" in the neighbouring rack. How can i modelise this in DCO 8?
tks a lot
Rocchino 

(CID:110005193)

3 Replies 3
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: How to connect (power) an appliance on the neighbouring rack

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Stine Hansen on 2016-11-16

Hi MANCINO Rocchino, thanks for posting! Let's see who can be of assistance here. Cheers, Stine

(CID:110005544)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: How to connect (power) an appliance on the neighbouring rack

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2016-11-17

Hi Rocchino,

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but that is unfortunately not supported - device(s)/assets in a rack cannot be powered from another rack/(r-pdu). I would also like to share that currently (in DCO), floor power equipment (such as Scalar I6000 Tape Library) can be powered from a PDU.

Kind regards

(CID:110005834)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.