Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84322members
353483posts

Galaxy VS web management page through DCE launch to device

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
Gabi
Crewman
Crewman

Galaxy VS web management page through DCE launch to device

Hello,

I have a problem when I`m trying to open web management for Galaxy VS with nmc4 card and 6.33.3 firmware 

-connected behind DCE in private network I can access web page 

-from DCE I can monitor through snmp(I see all equipment details)

-from DCE client with launch to device option,see schnieder logo like system log in and after 1 sec the page is refreshing and shows login page(if I`m trying to authentficate I`m receiveing the error cannot connect try again later)

also tested with the generated link address on several browsers.....the same

(network settings on manual with valid gateway)

anybody knows something about this problem?

Thanks

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Shaun
Lt. Commander Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Re: Galaxy VS web management page through DCE launch to device

Hi @Gabi,

This is a known issue we're working to address in a future DCE release.  For now, the best workaround I've found is to avail of the SOCKS proxy functionality available in the DCE (in Server Administration Settings -> Server Access).

It's not as seamless as the Launch to Device functionality, but the only way I've found to restore that is to move the device to the public side of the DCE.  Of course, we're working to improve this in the future.

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
5 Replies 5
Shaun
Lt. Commander

Hi @Gabi,

This is a known issue we're working to address in a future DCE release.  For now, the best workaround I've found is to avail of the SOCKS proxy functionality available in the DCE (in Server Administration Settings -> Server Access).

It's not as seamless as the Launch to Device functionality, but the only way I've found to restore that is to move the device to the public side of the DCE.  Of course, we're working to improve this in the future.

Tags (1)
Gabi
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for answer…..For this client is not a solution to expose equipment in the public interface because of the security policy

I hope this will be fixed in the new release of DCE.....even if will take couple of month until is available

Tags (1)
Joann
Cadet
0 Likes

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it. Looking forward for solution.

Tags (1)
Gabi
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

up

seems like DCE 7.8.1 does not come with the fix for NMC4

from release paper is fixing something regarding NMC2

does anyone tested this?

Tags (1)
Shaun
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Hi @Gabi,

This is correct - this fix isn't in 7.8.1.  I don't want to get into too much detail, but it's not an oversight, there's a technical limitation that needs to be overcome first.

I'm hoping (but not promising!) we'll see it in 7.9.0 or 7.9.1, as this should remove the limitation that's currently blocking.  But as always, it'll come down to time vs priorities, and 7.9.x is a very busy roadmap.

Tags (1)