Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84589members
353854posts

Erroneous Estimated Loads

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Erroneous Estimated Loads

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Nigel Fanning on 2017-04-19

We have a situation where the Estimated Loads in different datacentres are simultaneously changing.  Sometimes this difference is large - see below:

Ignore the measured load for this instance as the pdu's are not enabled.

In the above DC, all the devices that add up to the new low figure are from work order provisioned devices - therefore the two 230 watt devices in the rack below add up to 0.46kW.  So this might be a clue to why the figures are low.  However in other datacentres the aggregated load does not seem to be related to work ticket activity.

Can these differences be explained as they are throwing our estimated load figures out?

(CID:116922358)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Erroneous Estimated Loads

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Anders Thorbjørn Jensen on 2017-04-19

Hi Nigel Fanning

I'm a bit curious about your settings for Power Capacity Preferences. And I have a question for you.

What are your settings for "Estimated Load Strategy"?

There are two settings - one is "Adjusted Nameplate" and the other is "Predicted power" (See attached screenshot)

My assumption is that you have selected Predicted Power. For a thorough understanding of predicted power take a look at this page:

About predicted power

The second note explains how estimated load is calculated until you execute the pending change. And with Measured Peak equal to zero the behaviour you explain above is to be expected. 

But please confirm your settings for "Estimated load strategy" before we explore possible solutions further.

/Anders

(CID:116923525)

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Anders Thorbjørn Jensen on 2017-04-19

Hi Nigel Fanning

I'm a bit curious about your settings for Power Capacity Preferences. And I have a question for you.

What are your settings for "Estimated Load Strategy"?

There are two settings - one is "Adjusted Nameplate" and the other is "Predicted power" (See attached screenshot)

My assumption is that you have selected Predicted Power. For a thorough understanding of predicted power take a look at this page:

About predicted power

The second note explains how estimated load is calculated until you execute the pending change. And with Measured Peak equal to zero the behaviour you explain above is to be expected. 

But please confirm your settings for "Estimated load strategy" before we explore possible solutions further.

/Anders

(CID:116923525)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Nigel Fanning on 2017-04-21

Thanks Anders.  This has answered the question.  We made a change on the 28th March to Predicted Power - the administrator thought it was a local not global change.  The change back to Adjusted Power more accurately reflects the racked equipment.

Perhaps it should be made clear which parameters are for local users and which will affect the parameters seen by all users?

This situation has also made us think about how global parameter settings affect data halls with different diagnostic tools, i.e. some data halls have intelligent power strips monitoring power and some do not.

(CID:116923746)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.