Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84863members
354353posts

Detect Room Function not working properly

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Detect Room Function not working properly

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Stuart Welsby on 2018-06-14

Hi,

Has anyone had issues with using the detect room tool to define rooms within your data centre ?  I have decided to recreate my layouts after spending a few weeks trying different methods of creating the layouts, so I deleted them all, saved and then used new CAD Drawings, can see the outline detected and fill in all the details for the floor and ceiling but it never adds.

I have tried creating a Server Room manually and that works..  Not sure what to do next ???

Regards

(CID:132652212)

2 Replies 2
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Detect Room Function not working properly

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Christopherus Laurentius on 2018-06-14

Detect room is  used to adjust the room size /shape on DCO from CAD drawing.

For detect room to work best, I usually draw another layer in CAD, to ensure the room is drawn in 1 single continuous line.

The other indirect use of importing CAD to DCO is to align reference in adding floor mounted equipment, e.g exact location of rack, door, etc.

(CID:132652329)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.