Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84766members
354199posts

DCO :there is imbalance of airflow in the ceiling plennum

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

DCO :there is imbalance of airflow in the ceiling plennum

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Christopherus Laurentius on 2016-02-19

Hi Team,

I got this error when trying to generate calculated value for cooling.

Thoughts?

Setup:

Cold Aisle Containtment
Raised floor w/ perforated tiles

Racks ducted to ceiling for hot air return

Downflow CRAC, ducted to ceiling

Dropped ceiling enabled 

(CID:105466100)

7 Replies 7
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: DCO :there is imbalance of airflow in the ceiling plennum

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2016-02-22

Hi Christopherus, By looking at the capture, it is hard to say what might be the issue, but apparently there might be an airflow imbalance. Would it be possible to share a copy of your backup file with me, then I will take a look, thanks. Kind regards

(CID:105466197)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Christopherus Laurentius on 2016-02-22

Hi jef, I've sent you an email for the DCO ip address. Feel free to have a look and/or get the backup data. Just a request not to show the customer's name on the forum. Regards, Chris

(CID:105466199)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by VSales on 2016-02-22

Hello Christopherus, Generally speaking an imbalance would indicate that the CFM entering the room doesn't match the amount of CFM exhausting from the room. Please calculate the amount of ari entering and exhausting from the data center, if they do not match then correct either entering or exhausting air follow to make them match. Thanks Victor

(CID:105466264)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2016-02-22

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for providing the data - it seems basically you need to add Perforated Ceiling Tile(s) to the setup. As illustrated, by adding at least one Perforated Ceiling Tile, it is possible to run the calculated cooling simulation:

Hope this helps,

Kind regards

(CID:105466270)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Christopherus Laurentius on 2016-02-22

Hi Jeff, I tried your solution. It does not seem to be correct as well. When I put 6 x 2kW server on 1 of the rack, the temperature plane does not change. Also the airflow in your picture seems to indicates all hot air returning to the perforated ceiling, instead of each of the ducted rack's 'chimney' One more thing, on the 1 row cold aisle containment (row1 & 8), how do we close the other side of the containment where there is no rack?

with load.JPG

(CID:105466275)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2016-02-24

Hi Chris, As scheduled we'll talk about this over the call today.

(CID:105466508)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.