Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84690members
354060posts

DCO Colo - adding a new customer

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

DCO Colo - adding a new customer

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Gleb Tyunikov on 2018-12-13

Hello team hope all of you doing well,

I have encountered a strange issue that i don`t seem to find a way to resolve.

One of my clients wants to see his racks and equipment so i have created him an account with viewing permissions only, the problem is that he is able to see every other clients racks in the data center which is troublesome.

In order to correct this issue I tried to create him as a customer but when i am going in to the customer tab i get this error:

"Email settings are not configured. Configure email before activating customers."

And so i went and checked my email configuration and its seem ok

What could cause this error? and is there a way to add permissions to personal by tags and not rooms? for example so UserX would see all the equipment tagged as UserXeq?

Thank you for the help and merry Christmas!

(CID:137111683)

3 Replies 3
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: DCO Colo - adding a new customer

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Christopherus Laurentius on 2018-12-13

Hi Gleb,

Try sending test email from DCO, to verify email is working fine.

DCO Colo's customer user requires email SMTP to send the user details to the customer.

You can set customers to the rack, instead of Cage / room, to limit so the user can only see that specific rack, instead of the entire cage or room.

Lastly, check the DCO version, we 've just launched DCO 8.2.12.

Do contact your local tech support to get the link.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year (in advance)

Regards,

Chris

(CID:137111796)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: DCO Colo - adding a new customer

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Gleb Tyunikov on 2018-12-13

thank you very much

(CID:137111769)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.