Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84766members
354198posts

DCO API

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

DCO API

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Vasileios Baousis on 2017-09-19

Hello,

I would like to ask the following questions regarding the  DCO  API

a. Is it possible to list the connections of a network appliance, server? I tried the  curl command 

curl -s -k -X GET --header 'Accept: application/json' 'https:/user:pass@dco_installation/api/v8.1/assets/search?q=' item and it does not list any connections..

b. If there is way to import any interconnections using the DCO API? If this is possible, does anyone managed to perform a successful bulk import ? 

Thanks in advance for any help or direction

(CID:125209472)

6 Replies 6
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: DCO API

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Ditte Drewer Mathiasen on 2017-09-27

Hi Vasileios Baousis, thanks for posting. Let's hope you find your answer here.

Kind regards Ditte

(CID:125212617)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Vasileios Baousis on 2017-10-18

20 days now and no answer. Probably nobody has done either listing connections or successful bulk import or interconnections to DCO...

(CID:126165318)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Greg Sterling on 2017-10-19

I do not believe it is possible to list network connections using REST or the web client today.

This should be possible to query the connections from an ETL export database. In that case it would be a SQL based query ... the configuration_item_relation table contains information regarding the network connection relationship info.

This query shows network connections for a specific asset.

select * from configuration_item ci, configuration_item_relation cir

where ci.ci_id = '87770769-f294-4c00-ab0b-333d26b8f745'
and ( cir.ci_id_a = ci.ci_id or cir.ci_id_b = ci.ci_id)
and cir_type = 'network_connection';

Regards

Greg Sterling

(CID:126177755)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Vasileios Baousis on 2017-10-19

Hello and thanks for your answer. I have two questions :

a. How do I export the ETL database? Is there any manual for that? 

b. What about the second part of my initial question? Successfully perform a bulk import of interconnections to DCO.

Thanks 

Vasilis 

(CID:126177759)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Greg Sterling on 2017-10-19

I have pasted a brief doc which describes how to create an export database.

Create-New-ETL-Export-Database.pdf

The ETL framework has two different database types.

• Export databases are for exporting data from the live DCO database. It can be used for reporting purposes as well as cases when external systems need access to DCO data which is not visible through REST.
  • Import databases are used for bringing data into DCO from an external system. In many cases its asset data from a system like ServiceNow, or power data from an external system

Regarding your second question, bulk import of network connections. There is a mechanism using an ETL import database to import network connections in DCO.

Using this process requires preparation as you need to define all of the assets in the import database for which you'll make connections and these assets must be logically associated to the actual assets in DCO. Meaning, if you have a rack with a server and a switch in DCO, there must already be entries defined in the import database for the server and the switch, and those entries must be associated to their DCO assets before you can use the import database to make the network connection.

I would recommend working with a member of our services team to get a better understanding of how this works.

(CID:126177765)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.