Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84572members
353844posts

DCE, a Cloud service from APC?

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

DCE, a Cloud service from APC?

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by thierry.choserot on 2018-05-02

Is it true that DCE is a SAS interface hosted in the APC Datacenter and non need on premice installation?

Is the the following service is a cloud service provides by APC ?

• AP94VMACT : StruxureWare Data Center Expert Virtual Machine Activation Key - Physical/Paper

Thanks

(CID:130681953)

4 Replies 4
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: DCE, a Cloud service from APC?

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2018-05-02

Hi CHOSEROT,

The AP94VMACT is an activation license for the AP94VMTRL virtual machine trial DCE server. This is different than a cloud option. StruxureOn or EcoStruxure IT is a different service that DCE does have links to. You can look into it here:

EcoStruxure IT Help

Steve

(CID:130681967)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by thierry.choserot on 2018-05-02

I have been told that APC Shneider can provide a cloud sevice to monitor devices with out any installation on premice?

My Customer do not have a VMWARE Plateforme to set up the AP94VMACT , what can I propose to him? 

Best regards

(CID:130681979)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2018-05-02

Hi CHOSEROT,

EcoStruxure IT can be used in conjunction with StruxureWare Data Center Expert and there is an EcoStruxure IT gateway that uses the cloud for it's data. To my knowledge, a version comparable to DCE is not yet available. You can get notifications on alerts using the gateway application but again, it does not have the features of DCE at this time. Please see the link I have provided in my initial response to see information on the cloud offering.

If the customer  wants to use StruxureWare DCE, his options are to use the hardware versions Enterprise, Standard, or Basic servers or they can install the StruxureWare VM. If they do not have a VM server and do not plan on getting one, then the hardware option is what is available at this time.

Steve

(CID:130681983)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.