Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84805members
354261posts

DCE VM the partition of the virtual server is misaligned

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

DCE VM the partition of the virtual server is misaligned

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Everard Eduard on 2016-11-14

Dear, 

After a performance audit on our storage system, we found some problem linked to the Struxure Data Center server. 

The StruxureWare virtual server is hosted on a Vmware with NFS storage (StruxureWare Data Center Expert server 7.3.0).  

According to our storage administrator, the partition of the virtual server is misaligned. That causes a lot of useless I/O. That has an impact on general performance.  

From Vmware, we must use VMware Converter to make a V2V with the “Create optimized partition layout” option. For linux like server, this option is only available if the vm is online, the root password is required to install a converter agent.  

Do you have any other solution to realign the partitions of the Struxureware server? Or to install a new aligned server? 

If you have no other idea, could you provide us the root password, in this case we could try ourselves with VMware converter?

Thanks in advance for your support. Best Regards / Met vriendelijke groeten / Cordialement / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Jonathan Vingerhoets

(CID:110005242)

3 Replies 3
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: DCE VM the partition of the virtual server is misaligned

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by John Thompson on 2016-11-15

Hi Eduard,

This is the first time I have heard of this issue with the DCE VM. 
As per KBase FA222410 we don't provide the DCE root password to end users. Can they try the other option they have suggested there, i.e. deploy another VM instead. Then import the backup from the original VM to the new one.

If anyone else wants to comment on this, please feel free to jump in.

Regards

(CID:110005411)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: DCE VM the partition of the virtual server is misaligned

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by eliasteam on 2016-11-28

Hello,

The import to a new VM doesn't work. When I add a 2nd disk to local storage, it's misaligned. We have no possibility to adapt the disk format, it's done automatically.

As workarround I used a NFS to replace the 2nd local disk. Now it's aligned and performant.

Regards

(CID:110006881)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.