Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84597members
353864posts

DCE Upgrade failure

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

DCE Upgrade failure

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by mike sutton on 2018-05-01

Hi,

I am upgrading DCE to 7.4.3 prior to 7.5 the file uploads ok, and when I get halfway through step 1 the DCE fails to respond and throws up this screen 

Once I restart the VM it runs ok but will not complete the upgrade. Has anyone else come up against this issue??

TIA

Mike

(CID:130681344)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: DCE Upgrade failure

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Balaraman Jagadeesan on 2018-05-01

Dear Mike,

Please take a look at the below K-base document which has got a fix for your issue.

https://www.schneider-electric.co.in/en/faqs/FA290375/

First, you need to verify if you have enough storage on your DCE under Administration Settings-Storage. If it is only 4GB, then you need to consider increasing it before attempting to upgrade. 

I have posted a tip on how to increase the storage of DCE. Please refer the same. 

Procedure to increase storage for the DCE virtual appliance on VMware

I hope this helps. 

Regards,

Bala

(CID:130681355)

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Balaraman Jagadeesan on 2018-05-01

Dear Mike,

Please take a look at the below K-base document which has got a fix for your issue.

https://www.schneider-electric.co.in/en/faqs/FA290375/

First, you need to verify if you have enough storage on your DCE under Administration Settings-Storage. If it is only 4GB, then you need to consider increasing it before attempting to upgrade. 

I have posted a tip on how to increase the storage of DCE. Please refer the same. 

Procedure to increase storage for the DCE virtual appliance on VMware

I hope this helps. 

Regards,

Bala

(CID:130681355)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Angela Clark on 2018-05-01

If what Bala mentioned does not help, please consider this FAQ as well: http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA333354 - StruxureWare DCE “Unable to retrieve data from server. Attempting to connect…” message received

(CID:130681395)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.