Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84804members
354259posts

DCE 7.5.0 with DDF failure

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

DCE 7.5.0 with DDF failure

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Terry Kuchta on 2018-09-27

I recently upgraded the firmware on an AP9619 NMC that is located in a Symmetra LX 16000. The NMC is currently at hardware revision A10, Application module is sy v3.7.2 and AOS is v3.7.3. After upgrading DCE to 7.5.0, I am receiving "Device status may be inaccurate because an attempt to transfer a device definition file (DDF) failed." for this specific device.

Thoughts to resolve?

(CID:134036711)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: DCE 7.5.0 with DDF failure

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Angela Clark on 2018-09-27

Hi Terry - I'd start by checking this FAQ: http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA177004 

There is likely a problem preventing DCE from logging in to the AP9619 NMC over FTP or SCP (depending on what you have set up) to download the new alarm DDF present in the new firmware.

(CID:134036732)

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Angela Clark on 2018-09-27

Hi Terry - I'd start by checking this FAQ: http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA177004 

There is likely a problem preventing DCE from logging in to the AP9619 NMC over FTP or SCP (depending on what you have set up) to download the new alarm DDF present in the new firmware.

(CID:134036732)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Terry Kuchta on 2018-09-28

Thanks for the guidance. I found that the unit was pointed to a RADIUS server that had been taken off line. I switched RADIUS to "local only" and the error cleared.

(CID:134036915)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.