Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84244members
353343posts

ViewX Debug Mode Disabled

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

Solved
mdsimmo
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

ViewX Debug Mode Disabled

On my Clear SCADA installation, the "Debug Mode" button is always gray out (shown below) so I cannot debug mimics. Why?

debugmodedisabed.png

To be clear - I cannot debug ANY mimics from the client on ANY server.

If I connect a different ViewX client (from another computer), debug mode is enabled.

This is a fresh installation of ClearSCADA 2017 R3 with almost everything enabled.

Accepted Solutions
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Re: ViewX Debug Mode Disabled

Did you install the Script Debugger component?

You'll need to browse to the installation media (or the ISO file)

.\Components\Script Debugger\scd10en.exe

And install this.

I'm not sure that I've needed to do this all the time.. but I have encountered the situation you've had.. and through installing this, and then I think maybe uninstalling and re-installing ViewX, it worked.

Not sure which part got it working... but try the script debugger install first 🙂

PS: Your screenshot is a little confusing, because it also shows no ability to Edit Script.  This is much more likely to be a no script enabled on this mimic, or the Document Content property override isn't enabled to allow the changing of the script content problem.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
AndrewScott
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Is the mimic in Run mode or Design mode? The Debug Mode button is only available in Run mode.

https://tprojects.schneider-electric.com/GeoSCADAHelp/Geo%20SCADA%202020/Default.htm#ScriptingGuide/... 

Andrew Scott, Lead Engineer, AVEVA
mdsimmo
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

It is not available in either mode.

Also does not matter if mimic is a template instance or not. I also have full access to database.

CraigL
Crewman Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Did you previously invoke the Define Path command from an object context menu whilst editing a mimic? Alternatively, perhaps you invoked one of the Draw PipeDraw Polygon commands from the ribbon?

The Debug Mode command will be disabled whilst any of the above commands are active.

BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Did you install the Script Debugger component?

You'll need to browse to the installation media (or the ISO file)

.\Components\Script Debugger\scd10en.exe

And install this.

I'm not sure that I've needed to do this all the time.. but I have encountered the situation you've had.. and through installing this, and then I think maybe uninstalling and re-installing ViewX, it worked.

Not sure which part got it working... but try the script debugger install first 🙂

PS: Your screenshot is a little confusing, because it also shows no ability to Edit Script.  This is much more likely to be a no script enabled on this mimic, or the Document Content property override isn't enabled to allow the changing of the script content problem.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
mdsimmo
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Just installing the Script Debugger Component worked - no need to reinstall ClearSCADA.