Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84650members
353993posts

[Imported] VB Script to Sent Text message

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

sbeadle
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

[Imported] VB Script to Sent Text message

>>Message imported from previous forum - Category:Scripts and Tips<<
User: mchartrand, originally posted: 2018-10-23 17:28:37 Id:180
This is a re-posting from the obsoleted (October 2018) "Schneider Electric Telemetry & SCADA" forum.

**_NIWTelemetry:
Hello.
I am trying to develop an application in VB to permit an administrator to select an encryption key from a pick list and then send this key to an authorised third party via mobile telephone text message.
I can do the first part OK, ie populate a query field containing the encryption key from the pick list.
I now need to have a second field where a mobile telephone number can be manually entered then have a button to send a text message to that telephone number with the encryption key as the text. Wondering of this is possible or if anyone has done anything similar to this?
Grateful for any assistance or ideas
Thanks
Tony_**

________

AWoodland:
I'm not sure you can do it in ClearSCADA without some crazy stuff, maybe:

* Have a single user object for sending

* VBScript updates the user with the phone number of the moment

* Trigger the send to the user, maybe using a method

* SMS modem connected to each possible Main server, or use a suitable pooling device, to send the message

For each future sends, just update the user's config as required. Never tried it, might work, can see lots of issues though. If it were me I'd try to prefer:

* Use a email to SMS gateway, check https://www.opentextingonline.com/emailtotext.aspx for some options, you may need to speak to your phone provider

* Use blat (http://www.blat.net/) to send the emails via SMTP, maybe triggered via logic called from the script passing in the relevant parameters like "to address" and "body", so the send is from the server-side rather than client-side (will make management and security easier)

I personally prefer the email to SMS option as it means the email can be tracked, audited and secured much easier than sticking a SMS modem in the back of the server. Sticking a modem in opens up potential issues with someone connecting in directly to the server (even if the modem is not configured to accept inbound connections). Sending the emails via a corporate email server, with IT's buy-in, most companies seem much happier.

_______

**_NIWTelemetry:
Hi Adam
That's exactly what I did! I used VB.
Regards
Tony_**