Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84248members
353348posts

[Imported] Download File using DNP3

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

sbeadle
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

[Imported] Download File using DNP3

>>Message imported from previous forum - Category:ClearSCADA Software<<
User: florian, originally posted: 2018-10-25 17:18:25 Id:252
This is a re-posting from the obsoleted (October 2018) "Schneider Electric Telemetry & SCADA" forum.

-------------------------------

**_YuryZ:_**
**_Hi!_**

**_I try to download file to generic DNP3 outstation using pick up action. After it I have events in outstation event list with download action result - for example, "Failed - unable to open file" or "Request Successful". But I can't find any state data associated with this result. So, I can't visualize last action result on mimic._**

**_Futhermore, when I download file using ST logic, I have no events in outstation event list and can't see last action result even using events. The same with DNP3 Delete File action._**

**_The question is: "How can I understand DNP3 Download or Delete File action result - success or not?"_**

--------------------

bevanweiss:
The only way that I'm aware of is by looking in the Event Journal and matching it with the appropriate File Download / Delete request event.

Just because you have requested a File Download, doesn't mean that someone else hasn't requested a File Delete... so there's not really any sensible way of having these as pure status Properties against an Outstation. Hence they are just shown as discrete events (requested, success / failure) within the Event Journal.

You could use logic if you wanted to make a status point that follows the particular item that you care about (but I wouldn't recommend this).

------------------

YuryZ:
Thanks,

Really the only way to solve my problem is to use logic to look in the Event Journal and search for corresponding Upload / Download / Delete File events. I almost wrote it 🙂 I need it because I should to use very unstable GPRS communication channel. Only 7-8 of 10 file transfer attempts are successful