Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84248members
353348posts

[Imported] Converting a Real to Binary

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

sbeadle
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

[Imported] Converting a Real to Binary

>>Message imported from previous forum - Category:ClearSCADA Software<<
User: hardin4019, originally posted: 2018-10-22 16:08:51 Id:166
I have a float from a 3rd party that when read in is the Real representation of 32 bits that contain 32 digital input status points coming into ClearSCADA. What is the best way to take that Real and get represented as a Binary number 32 bits long so that I can extract the bits I need and use FBD or ST to get those bits to individual internal digital points?

1 Reply 1
sbeadle
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

Re: [Imported] Converting a Real to Binary

>>Responses imported from previous forum

Reply From User: geoffpatton, posted: 2018-10-23 15:58:57
They are trying to make it difficult on you with a REAL. The only thing I can think of, that will actually work (I had a few hair brained ideas), is to do the math and pick it apart in structured text and write all the bits out to internal points.

Reply From User: hardin4019, posted: 2018-10-23 17:05:43
That is really what I was afraid of. I had originally thought there was a simple way to resolve an integer into binary bits, but have come to the same conclusion that doing the math to resolve the number is the only way. Unfortunately, I only need 4 bits out of the whole thing, and it isn't as easy as I thought!