Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84610members
353909posts

[Imported] Close Alarm Banner on startup

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

sbeadle
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

[Imported] Close Alarm Banner on startup

>>Message imported from previous forum - Category:Scripts and Tips<<
User: mchartrand, originally posted: 2018-10-19 18:28:25 Id:154
This is a re-posting from the obsoleted (October 2018) "Schneider Electric Telemetry & SCADA" forum.

-------------------------------

**_SRa:
i configured clearscada so it opens a mimic with a custom alarmlist on startup (using the guest account). Now i am searching for a way to prevent the alarmbanner from opening. I guess i could use a mimic script to close it when the mimic opens?
I am new to both clearscada and to VB, so i would appreciate some help with the script._**

-------------------------------

JesseChamberlain:
You shouldn't need to; just close the alarm banner while logged in as Guest, then close ViewX. When you reopen it, the alarm banner will be closed.

If you want to deploy the setting, it's saved in the ViewX Settings files in

C:\\Users\\\\AppData\\Local\\Schneider Electric\\ClearSCADA.

**_SRa:
Thanks for the quick response, but i already tried that. It seems like there is some kind of bug, the banner still pops up and crashes the whole application. Please find a screenshot attached (I tried it on two pc´s, both the same).
i was hoping i could avoid this by using a script.._**
![]((see attachments below) hm/2rz04oprjric.jpg "")

FeWo:
We have the same problem and it seems to be a bug in CLearSCADA. Our solution is not to work with the Guest user and logon a default user when ClearSCADA starts. Because then it remembers the closed Banner from previous login - but just with the logged user. We a script like this:

_Sub Mimic_Load()
sCurrentUser = Server.UserName
If sCurrentUser = "Guest" Then App.LogOnUser "Systemname", "Username", "Password"
end sub_

hope it helps.

**_SRa:
works fine, thank you!_**

Attached file: (editor/hm/2rz04oprjric.jpg), ClearSCADA Screenshot.jpg File size: 217461

Attachments