Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84612members
353911posts

GeoSCADA back fill from Enterprise Historian possibilities

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

Solved
DavidSkilbeck
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

GeoSCADA back fill from Enterprise Historian possibilities

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right location for this question.

Apologies if it is not.

However, I have been asked to start looking into this scenario.

Is there a means and what is the best means of extracting historic data from an enterprise historian, to back fill into GeoSCADA.

Thanks,

😀😉

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
JChamberlain
Schneider Alumni (Retired)

Re: GeoSCADA back fill from Enterprise Historian possibilities

That will depend on the historian you're using, but I would be surprised if it didn't have that kind of capability. Usually if they don't have a direct function to do that, at least they will have an ODBC interface (as CS does), so you can add it as a data source in Excel then save as CSV.

I kind of get the impression you're asking about a specific historian, maybe eDNA? If so yeah this wouldn't be the place to ask. Try AVEVA's community, or raise a case with Support.

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
3 Replies 3
JChamberlain
0 Likes

There's no best means, it will depend on the historian, the amount of data etc etc.

There are methods on CHistoryBase that will get you going. There's some discussion here.

Tags (1)
DavidSkilbeck
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Hi Jesse,

thanks for the reply.

I have never had to do this, but can we extract data from enterprise historian into csv files?

Is it a possibility?

Thanks,

Tags (1)
JChamberlain

That will depend on the historian you're using, but I would be surprised if it didn't have that kind of capability. Usually if they don't have a direct function to do that, at least they will have an ODBC interface (as CS does), so you can add it as a data source in Excel then save as CSV.

I kind of get the impression you're asking about a specific historian, maybe eDNA? If so yeah this wouldn't be the place to ask. Try AVEVA's community, or raise a case with Support.

Tags (1)