Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84548members
353802posts

GeoSCADA Web Service Capability

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

Solved
DavidSkilbeck
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

GeoSCADA Web Service Capability

Hi,

I wish to have clarification.

We have to connect GeoSCADA to a Web Gateway that will be communicating via SOAPui with XML / Json files.

From what I have read GeoSCADA has no means to de-serialise this format internally?

If this is the case, a Web Server / Client is to built in order to de-serialise the XML files and write values to internal GeoSCADA points via OPC? 

(a driver to be created by the DDK).

An additional Web Server / Client cannot be avoided to achieve this path of communications.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Re: GeoSCADA Web Service Capability

Correct, you will need to develop an intermediate 'application' which is able to act as a client to both your 'Web Gateway', and also to Geo SCADA Expert / ClearSCADA (whether via SOAP / .NET API / Automation Interface / Simple DDK).

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Correct, you will need to develop an intermediate 'application' which is able to act as a client to both your 'Web Gateway', and also to Geo SCADA Expert / ClearSCADA (whether via SOAP / .NET API / Automation Interface / Simple DDK).

All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

I believe that my answer has addressed the question that you asked.  Please mark it as the solution.