Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84257members
353354posts

Creating DB object insie Geo SCADA using pythonnet

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

Solved
krishnaprasad68
Ensign
Ensign

Creating DB object insie Geo SCADA using pythonnet

Hi,

I have a specific need in ClearSCADA where i have to create hundreds of Internal Analog points and add them to Word Value maps. I have been trying to accomplish the task using Clear SCADA automation interface - utilizing pythonnet. Can you guys suggest any methods by which I can accomplish the task.

up till now, I tried using CreateObject method. but it is throwing an exception "TypeError: No method matches given arguments for CreateObject"

I am attaching the code fragment where create Object method is called and the exception that is thrown.

Can you guys please take a look at the code to suggest any corrections that are to be made?

Attachments

Accepted Solutions
AndrewScott
Commander
Commander

Re: Creating DB object insie Geo SCADA using pythonnet

If you look at the documentation for the DBObject.CreateObject method you'll see it only has two arguments (not three), the class name and the object name.

DocumentationDocumentation

Andrew Scott, Lead Engineer, AVEVA

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
AndrewScott
Commander
Commander

If you look at the documentation for the DBObject.CreateObject method you'll see it only has two arguments (not three), the class name and the object name.

DocumentationDocumentation

Andrew Scott, Lead Engineer, AVEVA
krishnaprasad68
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Thanks @AndrewScott  for pointing out the issue. it worked while using the correct parameters👍