Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84650members
353991posts

ClearSCADA 2017 r2 window 7 to 10

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

KylePaynter1
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

ClearSCADA 2017 r2 window 7 to 10

Hello all,

Does anyone know if schneider has any documentation about the process or steps to be made when going from windows 7 to 10.

e.g backups and configurations to be made ? for  clearscada 2017 R2.

Just to be clear  the current system runs on window 7 with clearscada 2017 R2 and the idea is to go from windows 7 to 10

2 Replies 2
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Re: ClearSCADA 2017 r2 window 7 to 10

This is definitely more a Microsoft concern than a Schneider one.

There's several factors here:

1. It's not recommended to run Geo SCADA Expert on a client-level operating system like Windows 7 or Windows 10.
  2. The migration process from Windows 7 to Windows 10 may change registry settings / program installation settings in a manner that are somewhat unpredictable for Geo SCADA Expert
  3. The migration process may change data folder locations etc in a way that is unpredictable.

The best approach will be.

1. Backup your Geo SCADA Expert Database, including your registry settings.
  2. Uninstall Geo SCADA Expert
  3. Migrate to Windows 10
  4. Re-install Geo SCADA Expert with the required driver settings etc, and confirm licence validity
  5. Restore your Geo SCADA Expert database and registry settings

I wouldn't be too surprised if the Machine ID changed in this process, so if using a softkey then the licence may become invalid and you may need to contact your local Schneider Tech Support to get a revised key issued.  You should consider this in your risk assessment of the migration, and enact appropriate controls for this event.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
KylePaynter1
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: ClearSCADA 2017 r2 window 7 to 10

Thank you for your feedback !