- How to configure dynamic text in a Vista OGC Graphic.
- How do the set values affect the text and color?
- Vista OGC Graphics
- OGC Editor
The order of the attribute values set in the OGC Dynamic Text editor will affect the operation on the live graphic page.
- Start by placing a generic text object on the page using the text tool from the toolbar.
Once the text has been placed on the page, double click it to open the Dynamic Text dialog.
- Browse to the Vista database value to monitor (ensuring that the Value attribute is selected).
- Enter the desired threshold values for each text string/color.
- Set the desired text and color for each value range.
The values entered in the Value: dropdown list will act as a true hysteresis. In the above example with values 0, 10, 20, etc, if the value starts at zero, the text and formatting will remain constant until the value rises above 10. At that point, it will take on the text and style defined for 10. If the value drops back down to 9, it will remain unchanged. Only once it reaches the hysteresis value of 0 (or up to 20) will it change again.
NOTE: Values defined in the Value: dropdown menu must be listed in sequential order or they will not perform as desired. For example, to add a value of -1 to the list, you would need to redefine all values 0-140 and > to come after the -1.