Order of Operations for Creating a New Detail in ProjectBuilder 2
I/NET or Vista site
Desire for a Order of Operations for Creating a New Detail in ProjectBuilder 2
- Drag and drop a blank Placeholder onto the page from the TAC Device or TAC Wiring Details stencil.
- Create the detail drawing on the paper space in Visio. Make sure the drawing is the appropriate size to fit in the blank Placeholder.
- Select all of the detail drawing and copy it to the clipboard.
- Select the blank Placeholder that has been dropped on the paper space in Visio.
- Select Open Placeholder from the Visio Edit Menu.
- After the blank Placeholder has been opened, select Paste Special from the Visio Edit Menu.
- While in the Paste Special window, select Picture (Enhanced Metafile) and select OK
- Position the detail drawing in the Placeholder.
- Close the group window.
- Once back in the Visio window, RMA on the new Detail and select Edit Detail Info.
- Enter the Detail Name in the Name field and the Detail Description (Manufacturer) in the Description field, select OK.
- RMA on the new Detail and select Format/Special.
- Change the Name field from “Placeholder” to the exact Detail Name used two steps earlier.
- RMA on the new Detail and select Shape/Custom Properties.
- This drop down box should be blank. Select the type of shape from the list that this detail can be associated to. It might be necessary to change this property during the course of the drawing to be able to associate the detail to more than one kind of shape. Select OK.
- If you wish to save this detail, put a stencil into the edit mode by left clicking on the stencil icon in the top left hand corner of the stencil window and choosing edit.
- Copy the new detail and paste it into the stencil in edit mode.
- In the stencil set, RMA on the new detail and select Master Properties.
- In the Name field, enter the same name as you did for Detail Name earlier.
- In the Prompt field, on the first line put the Manufacturer and on the second line put the Detail Description used earlier.
- Take the stencil out of the edit mode by left clicking on the stencil icon in the top left hand corner of the stencil window and choosing edit. When prompted whether or not to save changes, click yes.