Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
Finding the correct procedure for migrating Infinet controllers from a Continuum controller fieldbus to an AS-P.
Andover Continuum,EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Continuum Cyberstation
- Building Operation Automation Server Premium (1.9 onwards)
- Building Operation Automation Server Bundled (1.9 onwards)
The wrong procedure has been followed which is not the approved and tested procedure to be used when migrating Infinet controllers from Continuum to EBO.
Procedure for Converting / Transitioning the Infinet Bus
Prior to migrating the Infinet
- The RS-485 network cable should be routed in a continuous daisy chain bus configuration. There should not be any stub connections, stars or ring configurations. The bussed cable should pass through each node to be connected with no splits or branches in the cable network.
Repeaters can be used to achieve the star, distributed star (backbone with clusters), off of the backbone. For additional information, review the article: EBO Webhelp Cabling
- Using the conversion tool and other engineering efforts, create the AS-P database for all Infinet devices, Infinet, Interface items, etc. in either a live AS-P or in the PCT.
At the site
- From Continuum CyberStation, the following must be completed to each Infinet controller that you are moving to an AS-P.
- Upgrade all Infinet devices that are going to be converted to the latest firmware version. Firmware upgrading capability will not be available in EBO until a future release.
- Clear the memory of all Infinet devices involved before relocated to the AS-P com port by editing the controller object and selecting Runtime > Reset.
- If the conversion was done on the PCT, deploy the AS-P.
- Verify that the AS-P firmware is 22.214.171.124 or higher.
- Disconnect Infinet bus from the Continuum controller com port(s).
- Move the Infinet bus (busses) to the corresponding RS485 port(s) on the AS-P.
- Confirm that the Infinet devices are all showing online under the AS-P
- Download the Infinet devices. *
- Backup all Infinet devices to flash memory.
* If the Infinet devices share data with other Infinet devices then it may be necessary to repeat this step in order to establish the complete Import/Export table.
The above steps are important! If not followed, offline and bus problems can occur.
There may be a desire to skip the rest of the controllers, but the steps must be followed The likelihood is high that there will be substantial difficulties in getting the i2 controllers online and in a stable state to accept the download files.
All of the Infinet controllers must be reset in Continuum before moving the bus to the AS-P. The controllers should then be backup up to flash memory to ensure that they do not revert to their Continuum configuration following a cold start.
If problems occur that make it necessary to abort the migration process and return the controllers to the Continuum system, all of the Infinet controller must have their memory cleared before re-attaching the bus on the comm port of the original Continuum controller. For those controllers which have not established communications under the AS-P, this will mean performing a hard reset at the Infinet controller hardware.
At no time should the Infinet bus be connected to the both the AS-P and the Continuum controller at the same time as this confuses the Infinet controllers causes communications issues that will take some time to resolve.
Please also see the "Infinet under the hood" community post
Continuum Conversion Tool NOTES
V3.0.x and v3.1.x Conversion Tools should not be used. The Workaround is to use the 2.0 Conversion Tool then upgrade. (The Conversion tool was fixed by v126.96.36.19900 (CP5))
V3.2.x onwards the Conversion Tool operates correctly
v4.0.3 has an issue converting Infinet controllers, 4.01 or 4.02 should be used instead
Now fixed in v188.8.131.5205 CP3(Known Issues)
v3.x outperform 4.x and 5.x.(known Issues). The Workaround is to convert the dmp file in CCT 3.x then upgrade the DB to the expected version in PCT or AS-P.