- Loytec (LTA, lon port) offline in TAC Vista when running TACOS as a service
TAC Vista running as Service
Loytec NIC device
Lconfig/NIC legacy driver
For TAC Vista to use the legacy driver, it must be running before Vista starts. When running TACOS as a service, by default, it will start prior to the legacy driver and the LTA port will show offline.
For this reason, the legacy driver must also run as a service. Dependencies on the Vista Server service must also be configured to ensure that the legacy drivers starts first.
First make sure that the legacy driver is set up to run as a service
- Open Lconfig and click on advanced.
Select "run as service" and click ok.
- Reboot computer
- From the start menu, select run, and type regedit
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHIN\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\TACOS\
- Double click on depend on service
Type in LoytecSrv on a new line.
- Reboot computer.