How to enable Vista to log change of state events without trending every point.
Need to log events to monitor change of state without using trend log.
There are two options to enable TAC Vista to log change of state events as shown below:
- Right click on the object you wish to monitor and open the properties of it.
- Change the watch settings from No watch to Watch.
- Note: Must use "Change of state" object. It is not possible to do this under the Workstation or within a controller.
- Right click on the TAC Vista and create a new folder - name the folder accordingly.
- Right click on the Folder which was newly created and create a new Object called change of state.
- Give a desired name and open the properties of the object.
- In General tab change the priority from 9 to Info.
- Select the Alarm tab set the low limit as 0 high limit as 1 and minimum change as 0.
- Select the object tab and navigate to the object to monitor.
- Close the popup by selecting OK.
- When ever there is change in state “on” to “off” or vice versa the event is recorded as object change in the Event view
- To see the events right click on the change of state object and select view events.
- Filter it by unselecting the alarms button on the window.
- Observe that events of the object are shown.
This needs to be done in your Menta file and it requires downloading to the controller.
- Open the Menta file of the desired device using edit option.
- Add a Alarm block to the Menta file.
- Connect the output / input block to the input of the Alarm block as shown.
- Right click on the Alarm block and select the edit option.
- In edit window of the Alarm block make sure the priority is set “0” (N.B. do not change it).
- Click on the edit button in the edit window of Alarm block and enter the desired text in the Alarm text.
- Steps 2 to 6 need to be repeated, if you need to do for more then one Input/Output
- Save the Menta file and download the same to the controller.
- These events are shown in Events views and not in the Alarms