Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support for assistance.
Using DSS to import PhotoIDTemplate (Users | Photos | Card Templates in SX) requires that you use the Database ID for the object you wish to use.
EcoStruxure Security Expert
Security Expert Server
This information is not readily visible in Security Expert, but it is found in the Card Template's Database ID (dbo.FloorPlanID | FloorPlanID)
Use the template's name instead of the Card Template's Database ID
- Modify the appropriate column in the CSV file to specify the name of the template rather than its ID
- In the Data Sync application, where you are mapping that CSV column (i.e. column 14), go to the Advanced Column and click the ellipsis button [...]. A dialogue window will pop up.
- Go to the Find ID section and enable the Target Field Record Type option.
- Next to this option, use the drop-down list to select "Floor Plans". Click "OK" button to close the dialogue window.
- Click Save. This will save the modified Settings.xml file.
- Sync the CSV file and confirm by checking the results.