Can a 7716 emulate a 78061 Tap?
This emulated Tap requires the use of an optional RS232 expansion module. Using this Tap function, you can connect a Hayes compatible modem to port P2 of the RS232 expansion module. You may then configure the modem for auto-dial/auto-answer (AD/AA) operation.
A 7716 can emulate a 78061 Tap.
Using the Hand Held Console (HHC):
- Press [Code], 90, [Enter]
- The emulated device type model number displays in the read out
- Press [Inc] or [Dec] to toggle through 7801, 7803, or 7806 Tap emulation
- Press [enter] to accept your choice
- You will need the RS-232 expansion card for ADAA
See TCON 096 for details.