There may be a situation where the External Interface File (XIF) needs to be extracted out of the controller in order to properly set up the controller in a building automation system.
EcoStruxure Building Operation, TAC IA Series, TAC Vista
- External Interface File (XIF)
- Loytec XIF Builder
These tools will help with the extraction of an XIF file. An XIF file is used to create a Niagara R2 shadow object, a Niagara G3 LMNL file, LonWorks device template, and a SmartStruxure device template.
The device manufacturer should provide an XIF, and in most cases, a DRF kit as well. The XIF provided by the manufacturer of the controller should be used first but if issues arise it may be required to extract the file from the controller. There are a number of tools available that will create an XIF, but the DRF kit cannot be created by any tool and must be supplied by the manufacturer. This MUST be provided along with the device.
The list below covers some of the tools which are available.
- NodeUtil (header: bad, NVs: ok, DMA/File-SCPTs are omitted)
- Vista's XIF-builder (header: bad, NVs: almost ok.., DMA/File-SCPTs are omitted)
- Loytec plugIn (does a perfect XIF from a device using Loytec's stack)
- Loytec XIF Builder is available from the Loytec website (free registration is required)
- Using Lonmaker and the XIF Builder.
- Using NL220 and the XIF Builder.
- If the uploaded XIF still contains some detailed prompted error, refer to Error displayed when importing a device XIF into SmartStruxure.