EBO license is activated on a virtual machine, need to make sure that it will not get damaged.
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Building Operation Enterprise Server
- Building Operation Enterprise Central
- Building Operation Workstation
Scenarios leading to broken Trusted Storage (license damage), when license is activated on a Virtual Machine. In some cases license administrator can be used to repaire the license, and in other cases product supported will need to be contacted.
FlexNet docuementation explain how licensing in virtual maichines works, what causes license damage, and how to avoid the license damage. Make sure that doucumentation is related to FNP veriosn (FlexNet puplisher) used by installed EBO, ex. EBO V4.0.2 uses version 2021 (11.18.1) and EBO V5.0.2 uses FNP V2022 R3 (11.19.2).
You can also check the FNP version, by checking the properties, detai of lmadmin.exe file located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Schneider Electric EcoStruxure\Building Operation x.x\License Server
Binding elements for licenses activated on a virtual machine:
- FlexNet publisher documentation lists 3 binding elements for virtual machines, all of them are deal breakers: MAC address, UUID and Generation ID, refer to Binding in a Virtual Environment (revenera.com)
Scenarios that can cause license damage (Trusted-Storage Breakage):
- FleNet White Paper: Understanding Virtualization Features in FlexNet Publisher, Page 11, has more details about binding variables, which scenarios can change each binding element.
- Page 13 in same white paper, Recovering from a binding break in TS, explain common scenarios leading to broken TS, and if license can be repaired.
- WebHelp article EcoStruxure Building Operation Software License Repair, explains other reasons for license damage, for physical or virtual machine.
- In the case license can't be repaired by license administrator, please contact technical support.
Best Practices to avoid Trusted-Storage Breakage:
- To minimize the license damage problems, it is required to follow the below steps before making changes to the bindings or moving EBO to a new VM.
- Make a backup of EBO, Backing Up EcoStruxure BMS Servers Manually
- Return all licenses, Returning an EcoStruxure Building Operation Software License.
- Verify that all licenses have been returned for all used Entitlements by login in to https://licensing.se.com.
- Perform your operation.
- Activate the licenses again, Activating EcoStruxure Building Operation Software Licenses.
- FlexNet list best practices can also be followed to avoid trusted storage breakage: Best Practices (revenera.com)