How to transfer data from TAC Vista to EBO(EcoStruxure Building Operation)
as a temporarily solution while a transition between TAC Vista and EBO is done?
EcoStruxure Building Operation, TAC Vista
- TAC Vista
- SmartStruxure Solution
- EcoStruxure Web Services
- TAC Vista SmartStruxure Interface 1.5
If EBO need data from TAC Vista during a transition period the TAC Vista SmartStruxure interface can be used.
Please see the video or follow the instructions below:
- On the Vista server(s) install the TAC Vista SmartStruxure Interface first. Refer to TAC Vista to SmartStruxure Interface will not connect when TAC Vista and SmartStruxure are installed... if there are any issues installing or getting the two programs to communicate when on the same PC.
- In StruxureWare Workstation, on the Enterprise server object or the Automation server object right click and create new interface, and select the EcoStruxure Web Service interface in Workstation. Click next.
- In the Server, enter the IP address of Vista server. If it is local, just use localhost. Enter the username and password of Vista Server. Pay attention that only the user in the default System user group can be used. Don't try to create other System group. And all the letters in the password field need to be in capital letters. This is a defect that will be addressed in the next release of TAC Vista to SmartStruxure interface. Please be selective with the port that you are using. If the Vista to SmartStruxure Interface program is on the same PC as the Enterprise server than a different port other than 80 or 443 will have to be used. Please refer to TAC Vista to SmartStruxure Interface will not connect when TAC Vista and SmartStruxure are installed... if the two softwares need to be on the same machine. Click Create.
- The next step is to Host TAC Vista objects into SmartStruxure. Refer to How to host TAC Vista objects using Web Services in StruxureWare Building Operation for the guide of how to host Vista objects into SmartStruxure.
There is a defect for Version 1.0 of TAC Vista to SmartStruxure interface under Non-English operation system. The EcoStruxure Web Services interface will not come online in SmartStruxure. Refer to TAC Vista to SmartStruxure Interface does not connect in non-English Operation System for solution.