In a multi-version system, will the database schema in the PostgreSQL database be compatible with EBO servers with lower versions?
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Building Operation Enterprise Server
- Building Operation Enterprise Central
- Building Operation Automation Server
- Building Operation Automation Server Premium
- Building Operation Automation Server Bundled
- Building Operation Edge Server - Standard
- Building Operation Timescale Database
In a multi-version system the database schema in the PostgreSQL database needs be compatible with all servers in the system.
- The DB schema is backward compatible. The same schema can be used for the complete system and it can be upgraded to the latest version compatible with the top level server.
- Compression is done on the PostrgreSQL/TimescaleDB side and since it’s not configured in EBO, the compression will work for EBO servers with lower versions. Compression needs at least schema version 7 and TimescaleDB version 2.0 or higher.