Extended Elevator control (Step by step instructions)
- I/NET Seven
- DPU Firmware 3.20 or above. (DPU7920 with 48k MIP or SCU1284)
Extended elevator control allows support up to 79 floors and easier programming methodology than the traditional method. This has been added to I/NET Seven software and DPUs as detailed in the environment.
To use any of these features requires that the DPU be a 7920 w/ MIP board or the new SCU1284. 7910 and 7920 w/o MIP board will still work with the I/Net system but they cannot use these functions. The host prevents the download of these features to any DPU revision prior to 3.10.
Extended Elevator Control Setup Example
This is based impart on basic prior knowledge of InetSeven Host software setup and configuration to include but not limited to Controller Station Parameters, Resident I/O, Point Extensions, Operations of Network Configuration, and Access Configurations (Doors, Tenants, Groups, Individuals and Personnel Schedules).
Hardware required: DPU 7920 48k (The following control will only apply to the 7920 48k)
Please follow these steps to configure extended elevator control.
Resident I/O Editor
- Edit / Controller / Resident I/O – Add the following
- Internal DO Door Reader point
- Internal DI point for each Floor DO
- External DO point for each Floor button DI
Note – Save Door in the Network Configuration editor.
Controller Door Editor
- Edit / Controller / Door Editor
- Select Door to add Elevator Control
- Modify – check Elevator Control box
- Select “Message type” Alarm / Transaction
Note – Ensure a Schedule (s) has been assigned to the Door reader point.
Controller Elevator Parameter
- Edit / Controller / Elevator
- Add Elevator Extension to reader point.
- Add Floor parameters.
- Complete the following;
- Floor Index Selection
- Floor designation
- Button Enable (DO)
- Button Selection (DI)
Note – When finished “STOP” Do not select floors, Select OK and Close.
- Edit / Host Computer / Network Configuration.
- Penetrate down to the DPU (Door Read Point) with Elevator Control
- Penetrate one more level and SAVE all your floor extensions.
- Access / Tenants
- Select Tenant
- Locate Door Reader point – Remove “X” (Unselect).
- Place an “X” next to all floors that tenant will have access to – Select Ok
- At this time I would suggest performing a save function followed by an SLI and DPU restore.
You are now ready to add individuals or assign individuals access to floors.