Can more than one Room Temperature Sensor be connected to a MicroFlo II?
TAC IA Series
- Network 8000
Site changes / retrofit
The only supported configuration is one Room Temperature Sensor for up to four MicroFlo II controllers (see below).
TAC Hardware Installation Practices
Communication/Sensor wiring for up to 4 TAC Microflo lls sharing a single Room Temperature Sensor.
Room sensor includes a 11K ohm resistor and setpoint with ASD communications. Do not add another 11K ohm resistor when installing.
- The ASD communication wiring MUST be isolated from the sensor/setpoint wiring. Use separate shielded cables for each.
- Connect the SHIELD DRAIN wire to the SHLD or GND terminal at the controller.
- If a ground is available at the room sensor, connect the DRAIN wire to ground. If a ground is not available, tape the DRAIN wire back at the external device only.
- A 120 ohms resistor (part number 40-1758) must be installed across the ASD terminals at each end-of-line (EOL).
- Total overall wire length between TAC MICROFLO lls and the room sensor MUST not exceed maximum distance specified.
- Set each address switch to uniquely identify each TAC MICROFLO II controller (refer to the job drawings).
- Set the MASTER/SLAVE jumper pins to the correct position (factory shipped as MASTER units).
I/O Wiring - TAC MICROFLO