Upgrading Digital Sentry breaks the Video Server connection or cameras won't learn or video streams do not work
Andover Continuum, Pelco
- Pelco Digital Sentry 7.9 or greater
- Continuum Video Integration 1.94 SP1 up to 2.01
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
Pelco released a newer version of Control Point that is used in Digital Sentries Video Recorders 7.9 and above. This newer API is not currently supported in any version Continuum, up to version 2.01.
- Available as of July 2017, install version 2.02 of Continuum, it is a full install. R&D has worked on revising the Continuum Video Integration to work with the newer versions of Control Point 7.15 and above.
- The only work around prior to this to get the video Integration to function was to downgrade the Digital Sentry to Control point 7.8
- Uninstall the DS ControlPoint software using Add/Remove programs (MS Windows XP) or Programs and Features (MS Windows 7).
- Install: How to install the DS ControlPoint client software
Note: Upgrading the Continuum Security Key to an Endura Key will not allow the newer API to be used with a Digital Sentry with Continuum.
A copy of the latest Video Compatibility Matrix can be downloaded from the Download Center in PA-00568.