Can't get the a Sigma laptop to communicate with a Sigma controller via the RS-232 connection (Diagnostic Port SK1).
Use the following check list to confirm correct configuration.
On the main Sigma server
- Create a service server in the main server and ensure the Att.set files are downloaded to the controllers
On the laptop
- Set the C:\Sigma\Data\Sigma.ini file entry RS232 = 1
- Set the C:\Sigma\Data\Sigma.ini file entry Commport=1, Baudrate=9600 (Note: ensure the BAS Integrator is not enabled as it also set for Comm port 1 by default)
- Set the laptop server number the same as service server number in item 1 above (System Setup -General - Server Details).
- Restart the laptop Sigma server
- If you are using Sigma 4.05 build 3.42.34 then you need a Hotfix to enable the Sigma serial communications. Click here for Hotfix 3.42.46. Later Sigma releases do not require a hotfix.
- Confirm the RS232 cable wiring is correct and not broken.