- After creating a Vista user and modifying its password in Vista Workstation, can not login into Vista Workstation by using this user and its password.
- Or, modify TAC Vista user’s password and the password automatically changes into unidentifiable characters.
- Vista Workstation
- Chinese Windows operating system or using Chinese language package. (NOTE: may also apply to some other Eastern Asia language package).
- Tested on Windows XP Professional
When the “Languages at Regional Options” and "Location" settings are set to Chinese/China or two settings are different, the user password may be changed to some unidentifiable characters or even digits password changes to odd digits password (For example, 5 digits password changes to 4 digits password).
Log in as an system manager Vista user, and change the desired user's password to an even digits password. If the issue still exists, carry out according to the following processes:
- Close TAC Vista Workstation and TAC Vista Server.
- Click “start” >“Control Panel” to open control panel.
- Double click “Regional and Language Options”.
- Check the selection of standards and formats at “Regional Options” is the same with the selection of language for non-Unicode programs at “Advanced”. If not, set them to be the same.
- Start TAC Vista Server and Workstation, the issue should be solved.