Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82285members
349831posts

battary on my apc 1500 xs has suddenly died?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
bzald_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

battary on my apc 1500 xs has suddenly died?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/26/2011

ups: BX1500LCD or BB0913004643

the problem is simple the other day the back up started beeping and the battery light started flashing it almost like it not getting a charge?

i dont know what you need but list it for me and i can get it

im still looking for the cord from the back up to computer interface

i will attach this picture to give you a idea of what is going on

odd i had it upside down and i turned it up right and just for a second the battery where fully charged and now it says that way for a few second then looses charge then comes back

4 seconds after i push the light so i can see what is going on

Attachments

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: battary on my apc 1500 xs has suddenly died?

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 7/31/2011

Have you tried contacting our Resellers on your area?

See Answer In Context

6 Replies 6
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 6/27/2011

Hi Steve,

If the Battery Icon is flashing empty it means that they UPS is not detecting any battery connected. What I would like you to do is to inspect the battery itself, kindly open up the battery trap door and remove the battery. Please check for any cracks or bulge on the battery, inspect the battery terminals and wires as well for any corrosion. Make sure that the wires are tightly connected to the terminals.

If you do have another unit that uses the same battery, I suggest that we swap it. These are the normal troubleshooting steps that we normally do on this kind of situation. Please do let us know the outcome.

bzald_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/27/2011

1) ok check battery no defects
2) checked plug in, i moved one prong but nothing
3) tested ups-battery backup in several different plug in's same thing

A) noticed that the faulty light came on, but after testing it in several places and getting the same thing figures it the ups

b) this is when i got it Ship Date: 11/22/2009 so it not been 3 years yet

that it so far

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 7/29/2011

XPS,

Do let us know the outcome, if the problem still persists I suggest that you call our APC Tech Support for a possible RMA if it is within warranty.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by xps1300 on APC forums on 7/29/2011

I have an XP 1300 and the same issue just started - 2 short beeps (or chirps) then a short pause with 2 short beeps and continues as the battery icon is empty.

This would be intermittent and stop. The battery icon would change to full charge. A few minutes later, it would start beeping again.

I have 2 of these and only 1 unit is doing this at the moment.

I will check the battery once the office is closed.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by xps1300 on APC forums on 7/30/2011

Quick update: I have another same ups and swapped the batteries. Appears the battery is just dead as the unit itself works fine with a battery from a different one. (purchased same time)

The unit is 3.5 years old so out of warranty. I'll order a replacement battery when it's in stock. The rep on the phone says it won't be in until August 19th. Hope there isn't too much of a back log. Wish I could go to a store but no one is carrying this battery #109.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 7/31/2011

Have you tried contacting our Resellers on your area?