Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82165members
349751posts

Why did you send me a CD and COM cable?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
cigarcamel_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Why did you send me a CD and COM cable?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/24/2008

I recently received a CD and a COM cable from you. Unfortunately there is no explanation as to why. There are instruction for loading the software, but no explanation as to why I should. Especially for me as I have Vista and there is no Vista version on the CD. I'm confused, its apparently important or you wouldn't have gone to this expense. The COM cable as opposed to a USB cable is particularly confusing.
I have a Back UPS XS 900.
Thanks

Accepted Solutions
cigarcamel_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: Why did you send me a CD and COM cable?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/4/2008

No one input codes, or in any way ordered this. Obviously it is NOT important and I'll through it all in the trash. Thanks

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
TheNotoriousKMP_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/25/2008

There should have been an order number on the packing slip. What is that order number?

Or are you stating after the fact that you purchased a UPS it came WITH the comm cable and CD rom.

cigarcamel_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

I received a package from APC, there was no "packing slip", there was only a CD entitled PowerChute plus, a data com cable, and instructions for installation. The shipping label has a few codes (1:KCV191Z, smay, LEEM) and my address. I didn't oreder anything, and was surprised by the package, and especially surprised by the COM cable. My computer doesn't have a COM port (rather outdated port I guess) and the software wasn't for Vista. I'm curious why I got it, and gifured it was important if you went to this expense to send it. I have a Vista 64-bit machine and I'm carefull what I install, as some things don't get along with Vista 64-bit. I thought posting here someone at APC would know why they sent this.

TheNotoriousKMP_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Terry,

I checked our support system. No record of that literature kit being sent to you. Is it possible that someone entered the Key Code from APC Currents into our website to receive that kit?

You're absolutely correct, there is no Comm Port support for Vista (serial) without purchasing a PCI Card that has a serial port. And the software definitely does not support Vista on that CD. The Vista Software is available through our Software/Firmware Downloads page at support.apcc.com.

cigarcamel_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/4/2008

No one input codes, or in any way ordered this. Obviously it is NOT important and I'll through it all in the trash. Thanks