Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82506members
350107posts

Where to install BE 550G in my Ethernet network?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
nicheplayer_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Where to install BE 550G in my Ethernet network?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/25/2013

Is there a recommendation for this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Where to install BE 550G in my Ethernet network?

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 4/26/2013

Yes that is correct but it comes with surge protection capability.  It would also be best if your equipment power supplies are connected on the UPS for protection on surges that could come from the power line.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 4/25/2013

If you are talking about the BE550G UPS, it has a Network In and Network Out data ports.  Depending on your network (Cable/DSL/etc.) you would connect the RJ45 connector coming from you Modem into the Network In and then use another RJ45 cable and connect one end on the Network Out and the other end goes to either your PC/Switch or Router.  This way, your Data Line will be protected from any surges that may pass through the data line.

nicheplayer_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/25/2013

Thanks for this reply, Jon.  That's what I assumed but wasn't sure.  So the UPS won't be addressable at all, it just has a wire pass-through for the CAT5.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 4/26/2013

Yes that is correct but it comes with surge protection capability.  It would also be best if your equipment power supplies are connected on the UPS for protection on surges that could come from the power line.