Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84255members
353353posts

What UPS do you recommend for low power consumption

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
trlby_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

What UPS do you recommend for low power consumption

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/13/2012

I currently have an APC UPS for my computer and associated components which works great for a short time (long enough to wrap up work and shut down or to have PowerChute take care of that). I am now going off the telco grid and configuring VoIP communication. I need a back-up UPS that is capable of providing low power consumption needs for a long period of time.

Low power consumption: DSL modem, VoIP box, WiFi box and cordless phone base (tx/rx) unit

Long run-time period: Greater than 2 hrs

Any recommendations on a UPS or any other solution?

Accepted Solutions
trlby_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: What UPS do you recommend for low power consumption

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/7/2012

At minimum 2 hours. Maximum 8 hours. All devices listed above use small wall transformers with a really low total power consumption requirement. My thought is the DC to AC inverter will be the greatest draw on the battery and consequently the runtime limiting factor.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Chris on APC forums on 3/29/2012

the most important part of sizing a UPS is the amount of power you need to protect. What kind of runtime were you looking for?

trlby_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/7/2012

At minimum 2 hours. Maximum 8 hours. All devices listed above use small wall transformers with a really low total power consumption requirement. My thought is the DC to AC inverter will be the greatest draw on the battery and consequently the runtime limiting factor.