Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82546members
350156posts

Smart UPS2200 shut down

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
David_O_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Smart UPS2200 shut down

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/26/2009

The last two mornings I have come to work the SmartUPS2200 has shut down the computer and all the lights on the UPS except the Load lights and the Battery level light are on. I have to turn off the UPS and then turn it back on. I find nothing in the log to indicate why it shut down. What's up?

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Smart UPS2200 shut down

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 2/26/2009

ok because if they are flashing, it indicates a relay weld which would require a UPS replacement unfortunately. the other scenarios with these LEDs would have sounds accompanied with them. generally this doesnt drop the load though like you are seeing.

different combinations of the center 6 LEDs scrolling can also mean a graceful shutdown but of course that doesnt make sense either.

it sounds like it may need to be replaced if there is nothing in the logs if you are sure about the LEDs being solid..

just a random thing, you dont have any random cables attached to the UPS on USB or the serial port do you? you should have ONLY USB or ONLY serial and definitely be using APC cables since others can cause weird issues.

See Answer In Context

6 Replies 6
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

hi

just to be sure - are these center 6 LEDs solid, scrolling, or flashing in unison? i assume there are no beeps or anything since you probably would have noted that as well.

let me know what the center 6 LEDs are doing specifically and i can help further. thanks!

David_O_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

I had the same issue the night before so late yesterday afternoon I moved the batteries to another 2200 I have to see if the problem followed the batteries and it didn't. Had the unexpected shutdown again after swapping batteries. No beeps just solid lights.
I have two dell servers on it and both reported unexpected shutdowns at the same time.

David_O_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/27/2009

Ok I checked with the guy that restarted the UPS and he said all 6 lights were flashing with no sounds, guess I need to look at APC's trade in program and get another one on it's way.
Thanks

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 2/27/2009

yeah unfortunately that indicates a problem the boost/trim relay. so if the unit has been going to boost or trim mode overnight for a couple seconds or something, it is probably faulting out.

David_O_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Solid if I recall correctly.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

ok because if they are flashing, it indicates a relay weld which would require a UPS replacement unfortunately. the other scenarios with these LEDs would have sounds accompanied with them. generally this doesnt drop the load though like you are seeing.

different combinations of the center 6 LEDs scrolling can also mean a graceful shutdown but of course that doesnt make sense either.

it sounds like it may need to be replaced if there is nothing in the logs if you are sure about the LEDs being solid..

just a random thing, you dont have any random cables attached to the UPS on USB or the serial port do you? you should have ONLY USB or ONLY serial and definitely be using APC cables since others can cause weird issues.