Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84589members
353855posts

Same Problem!!!

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
greensky_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Same Problem!!!

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/11/2008

ES 750G (Brand New)
APC PowerChute Personal Edition
Windows Vista

Same Problem of "Unable to communicate with APC Battery Backup etc" keep coming. I am really fed up with this problem. I have tried all the suggestions made here in this form on other threads related to this issue. Nothing is working.

Don't we have somebody from APC monitoring this forum? If so, then what on earth he or she is doing? We are many have this problem. I have few questions:

What PowerChute is suppose to doing?
Do I really need the PowerChute?
Can we get a free replacement of ES750G?

greensky

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Same Problem!!!

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 11/12/2008

hi,

APC is currently working on finding the solution to the problem and will of course push that solution out to users. It is a top priority.

most of the updates get put onto this thread: Referenced content removed

please refer to that.

• What PowerChute is suppose to doing?

Powerchute allows you to view status and performance information from the UPS. It also provides graceful shutdown of your computer when the battery is depleted or based on settings you set.

• Do I really need the PowerChute?

Powerchute is not required for the overall operation of the UPS, especially if you dont require the graceful shutdown of your computer.

• Can we get a free replacement of ES750G?

A replacement will only most likely exhibit the same issue. We recommend that you configure Vista native support as mentioned above to configure native shutdown if you need it. Here is a link on instructions on how to do so: Click here

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Same Problem!!!

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 11/12/2008

hi,

APC is currently working on finding the solution to the problem and will of course push that solution out to users. It is a top priority.

most of the updates get put onto this thread: Referenced content removed

please refer to that.

• What PowerChute is suppose to doing?

Powerchute allows you to view status and performance information from the UPS. It also provides graceful shutdown of your computer when the battery is depleted or based on settings you set.

• Do I really need the PowerChute?

Powerchute is not required for the overall operation of the UPS, especially if you dont require the graceful shutdown of your computer.

• Can we get a free replacement of ES750G?

A replacement will only most likely exhibit the same issue. We recommend that you configure Vista native support as mentioned above to configure native shutdown if you need it. Here is a link on instructions on how to do so: Click here